AIPP Membership Terms and Conditions
As a member of the AIPP you are required to read and agree to the Membership Terms and Conditions specific to your membership type, listed below.
Accredited Professional Photographer Accredited Professional Video Producer General Member Student Member
Accredited Professional Photographer
YOUR STATUS AS AN ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER
Specific Terms & Conditions
- You are now an Accredited Professional Photographer (APP). The APP logo has been awarded a Certification Trade Mark by the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC). It is a condition of your status as an APP that you display the registered trade mark logo on all your business documentation, including, but not limited to; quotations, orders and invoices.
- In addition to the above, you are requested, but not obliged to, use the registered APP Trade Mark logo on all your public facing marketing material such as web sites, emails and business cards.
- You agree, as a condition of your status as an APP, that you operate your business in accordance with all Federal, State, Regional and local governing bodies.
- You will ensure that you comply with all copyright, environmental, staffing, taxation laws and requirements applicable to your business, and that you possess the relevant licensing / requirements to operate a legal and ethical business.
- You acknowledge that the onus to meet all business requirements lies solely with you, and that the AIPP and/or its office bearers will not and cannot be held responsible in relation to correct licensing for your business.
- You will abide by the AIPP policies in regards to resigning from the profession and cancelling your membership. It is a legal requirement that you remove the APP logo from all of your business documents and marketing material and where applicable, cessation of use of all “Post Nominals” including APPA honours, AAIPP (Associate), MPhotog (Master of Photography) GMPhotog (Grand Master of Photography) and all variants thereof, within 21 days of the date your APP status is terminated. You acknowledge that failure to comply with this condition may result in the AIPP taking legal action for misrepresentation and breach of copyright, and that you indemnify the AIPP against all legal costs in taking such action.
- You acknowledge that, as an APP, you are required to participate in the AIPP CPD program, recording via your “Members Dashboard” section of the AIPP website, your own professional development each year.
- You further acknowledge that as an Accredited Professional Photographer you may be asked to validate your accreditation status by supplying a current portfolio of images for assessment by the AIPP Membership & Accreditation Committee.
ALL AIPP MEMBERS
General Terms & Conditions of Membership
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that, during the last six years you have not had proceedings instituted against you for failure to pay for the supply of goods or services, other than those that have been properly defended on the basis that the same was not properly due and payable.
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that, during the last six years you have not had any complaints laid against you in any court or consumer complaints tribunal which have not been properly disposed of in your favour.
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that, your business or employer is not involved in the “grey import” of photographic goods or any import breaching any Customs Law or Importation Law in Australia and that the business complies with all Australian laws.
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that, you agree to use your best efforts to properly act in an ethical and professional manner befitting a recognised professional.
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that, you agree to be bound by the constitution of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography Limited (AIPP) and to abide by the regulations and guidelines of the AIPP.
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that, as a member of the AIPP, you consent to allowing the AIPP to communicate with you on all matters by your nominated email address.
- It is a condition of ongoing AIPP membership that you agree if contentious circumstances arise at any time and for any reason your membership status may be reviewed. You further agree to be bound by any ruling or determination that may be made and acknowledge that the AIPP has the right to terminate your membership of the Institute and that a decision to do so is final and conclusive.
AIPP Code of Professional Practice
- You acknowledge that you are bound by the AIPP Code of Professional Practice and you recognise the authority of the AIPP Board in all matters relating to the interpretation and enforcement of this code, and understand that failure to comply with this code can result in cancellation of your AIPP membership.
Appropriate & Respectful Behaviour Towards Other Members & AIPP Staff
- I acknowledge that, in whatever capacity I am engaged I shall act in a just and faithful manner towards clients, employers, and employees; towards others with which my work is connected, and towards other members of the AIPP.
- I acknowledge that, I will not divulge any confidential information acquired by me during the course of my professional duties to any party.
- I acknowledge that I shall not belittle or denigrate the work or reputation of another member and that I will not engage in malicious or deliberately inaccurate criticism of the reputation or work of another.
- I acknowledge that I will not use social media or any other form of public and electronic communication to:
- Bring the AIPP into disrepute
- Denigrate or abuse a fellow member of the AIPP, a past or current client or a member of the general public
- Attempt to influence the outcome of an AIPP compliance process by soliciting support for a position
- I acknowledge that I will always treat every member and employee of the AIPP with respect.
- I will respect the outcomes of a complaints process as determined by the Complaints Management Group.
- I acknowledge that as a member of the AIPP I will adhere to the published AIPP Anti Bullying Policy and that I will not engage in any form of bullying or anti social behaviour towards my fellow members and staff of the AIPP, and towards the institute itself. I recognise that my verbal, and written communications, including, but not limited to my use of social media, could constitute bullying if used and interpreted in an aggressive, intimidatory and malicious fashion.
This could include:
- Aggressive or intimidating conduct
- Belittling or humiliating comments
- Spreading malicious rumours or embellishments
- Teasing, practical jokes or ‘initiation ceremonies
- Unreasonable exclusion from AIPP-related events
- Displaying offensive material
- Pressure to behave in an inappropriate manner
- Unreasonable volunteer expectations, including too much or too little work, or work below or beyond a volunteer’s skill level
- Threatening social media exposure to force a point of view or opinion
- Disputing awards scores
- Criticism of an awards judge or volunteer outside the official process
- Badgering to force a view or opinion
As an Accredited Professional Photographer I agree to be bound by these membership terms and conditions.
Accredited Professional Video Producer