Who is an AIPP Accredited Professional Video Producer?
If you are producing films or video you may be eligible to become an Accredited Video Producer (APVP). Accredited Professional membership is the pinnacle of AIPP membership and Accredited Members received..
Becoming an Accredited Video Producer of the AIPP comes with many benefits:
- Showcase your professional status, use AIPP Accredited logos, and create a professional profile on the AIPP website.
- Stay connected through events, newsletters, Chapters and The Journal online magazine.
- Receive peer-review and discuss questions from editing, capture and business in the thriving AIPP community.
- Extensive learning opportunities from video, photography, business and even world-class judges training program.
- Save money with our Trade Partner discounts.
- Work with your peers to help develop the profession of video production and support our advocacy for the rights of video producers and creators.
- There are many many more benefits, click here to view them!
To become an Accredited Video Producer applicants must meet the requirements:
- You have invested time and resources into developing a video or film business as an owner or professional employee while earning an income from video for at least two years.
Your income should support and sustain your photography business. We do not stipulate a minimum income, nor that your photography business has to be the sole source of your income.
- Provide documentation to support your application as an Accredited Professional. More details are in the form below.
- Submit a pre-defined selection of videos to our independent folio assessment panel and you must reach the appropriate pass standard. Click here to read more information about the folio assessment criteria.
- Agree to comply with the AIPP Code of Professional Practice
- Agree to be bound by the APVP Membership Terms & Conditions
- Hold an ABN number and GST registration if your business turnover exceeds the statutory minimum registration level
- Hold comprehensive public liability insurance and OH&S liability insurance if/as deemed appropriate for your business needs
- You agree to display the APP Logo on your business documents
- You agree to comply with any legal requirements and possess any licenses required for the operation of your business, including those from the Environmental Protection Authority, local, state and federal authorities, Occupational Health and Safety requirements, and Workers' Compensation requirements.
- Agree to take part in the continual development of your business skills and craft
- Accredited Membership is $39 per month.
- A $100 fee is applicable for the folio submission which directly compensates folio assessors.
If you're not quite ready yet, consider joining as a General Member. You can become Accredited as you meet the requirements.
Peter Eastway APPL GMPhotog II PB HonFNZIPP, FNZIPP, FAIPP, HonFAIPP