Who is an AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer?
If you are a photographer, working in Australia, you may be eligible to become an Accredited Professional Photographer (APP).
You should become an 'Accredited Professional Photographer' of the AIPP if you want to:
- Make a statement about your professional status
- Be part of the thriving AIPP community
- Constantly learn and improve your photography
- Learn how your photography business could be more successful
- Save some money by taking advantage of our trade partner offers
- Assess your work with the advice of other professionals
- Work with your peers to help develop the profession of photography
- Want to support the advocacy efforts of the AIPP protecting photographers rights
As an Accredited Member of the AIPP, you will have access to all resources and special offers via your own Member Dashboard log-in including:
- AIPP Accredited logos for display on your own website and materials
- Exclusive offers from our generous trade partners
- Video library educational resources
- Specimen contracts prepared by our own commercial legal representatives
- Members rates for events
- Member entry fee for State and National awards
- Access to Member Only social media platforms and groups
- Becoming part of a community of passionate photographers and video producers
To become an Accredited Professional Photographer you have to meet the standards we set.
- At a minimum, for the past two years have invested your time and resources into developing your photographic business, and, at the same time, have consistently earned a professional level income from photography.
We define a professional level income as an income that you believe can support and sustain your photography business. We do not stipulate a minimum income, nor do we stipulate that your photography business has to be the sole source of your income.
- Provide documentation to support your application as an Accredited Professional. More details are on the submission page.
Submit a portfolio of images to our independent folio assessment panel and you must reach the appropriate pass standard. Click here to view the image guidelines and folio submission tips.
- Agree to comply with the AIPP Code of Professional Practice
- Agree to be bound by the APP Membership Terms & Conditions
- Hold an ABN number and GST registration if your business turnover exceeds the statutory minimum registration level
- Hold comprehensive public liability insurance and OH&S liability insurance if/as deemed appropriate for your business needs
- You agree to display the APP Logo on your business documents
- You agree to comply with any legal requirements and possess any licenses required for the operation of your business, including those from the Environmental Protection Authority, local, state and federal authorities, Occupational Health and Safety requirements, and Workers' Compensation requirements.
- Agree to take part in the continual development of your business skills and craft
For further information, or, if you're not quite sure which membership category is best suited for you, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly admin team at email@example.com or book a phonecall with our membership team, we're always happy to chat.
Become an AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer for $39 monthly + a one time $100 assessment fee.
Special rates may be available for regional and remote areas. Assessment fee is processed immediately. Full payment is not processed unless the assessment is passed.
Peter Eastway APPL GMPhotog II PB HonFNZIPP, FNZIPP, FAIPP, HonFAIPP